In 2006, ELINSA integrated an Environmental Management System in keeping with the requirements of the UNE-EN-ISO 14001 standard.
The environmental commitment is developed through operational control procedures and the establishing of goals to reduce the environmental impact which might be caused.
The general guidelines for the achievement of these objectives are:
- To comply with the legal and regulatory requirements as regards the environment as well as respecting the commitments subscribed or required by the customers.
- To comply with the requirements established as per the UNE-EN-ISO 14001:2004 standard.
- Prevention of all type of environmental damage, especially of contamination, the exhaustion of natural resources and the minimizing of the generation of any type of waste.
- The establishing of a documented standardization to ensure respect to the environment.
- Continued improvement of the Environmental Management System defined by ELINSA to optimize operations, while minimizing any impact on the environment.