ELINSA has a 45-year-long experience in the manufacturing of electrical switchboards and power electronics for one of the most demanding sectors in the industry as regards quality and reliability standards: the Navy.
There is a specific department dedicated to the Naval Area, with a technical office and manufacturing up to the most demanding standards.
- Main Switchboards.
- Load Centres.
- 400Hz Distribution Switchboards.
- 24Vcc Distribution Switchboards.
- Bus Transfer Switches.
- Motor Starters.
- Motor Control Centres.
- Ventilation Control Panels.
- Valves Control Panels.
- Shore Power Connection Switchboards.
- Interior Communications Switchboards.
- Data Adquisition Units.
- Emergency Stops Switchboards.
- Degaussing Boxes.
- Fire Doors Rectifiers.
- Helicopters and Aircrafts Starting Rectifiers.
Certification and rules
The equipment are tested and certified according to customer requirements, under the following rules:
- MIL-S-901D: Shock Tests, H.I. (High Impact) Shipboard Machinery.
- MIL-STD-462: Electromagnetic Environmental Effects Requirements for Systems (All Notices).
- MIL-STD-167-1A: Mechanical Vibration of Shipboard Equipment (Type I and Type II).
- MIL-STD-810: Environmental Engineering Considerations and Laboratory.
- UNE-EN 61000-6-4:2007: Emission for industrial environments.
- UNE-EN 61000-6-2:2006: Immunity in industrial environments.
Scope and references
Elinsa has participated in the manufacturing of electrical panels for almost all ships of the Spanish Navy, among whose lasts references are the Landing Helicopter Dock (LHD), Buque de Acción Marítima (BAM), Buque de Apoyo en Combate (BAC) or Frigates of the F-100 Series.
In the recent years Elinsa has participated in the manufacture of electrical switchboards for the Auxiliary Oiler Replenishment (AOR), the Hobart Class Frigates (AWD) and the Landing Helicopter Dock (LHD) for the Royal Australian Navy.
In the Naval sector also highlights the manufacture of electrical switchboards for submarines. In 1998 Elinsa participated in the manufacture of the secondary electrical panels of two submarines of the Scorpene Class for the Chilean Navy. In the last decade Elinsa has participated in the manufacture of the electrical panels of the Battery Heads, the Diesel Dinamo Earth switchboard and the Propulsion Switchboard for the submarines of the S-70 series, which all electrical panels were replaced.
In the current years Elinsa is participating in the development of the generation system with energy of the fuel cells of the submarines of the S-80 series, developing a power adaptation system (SAP) with high requirements both at the electrical and mechanical levels.
In the long list of references point out the manufacture of electrical switchboard for the naval sector, including vessels and submarines for the navies of different countries such as Spain, Norway, Australia, Chile, Venezuela or Thailand.
Some of the latest projects are the following:
- AAOR- Auxiliary Oiler Replenishment for Australian Navy.
- F-100 Hobart class destroyers - AWD Project for Australian Navy.
- Australian Landing Helicopter Dock (ALHD).
- F-105 - Frigate for the Spanish Navy.
- Buques de Apoyo Marítimo (BAM) Spanish Navy.
- Patrulleros Oceánicos de Vigilancia (POV). Venezuela Navy.
- Buques de Vigilancia del Litoral (BVL) Venezuela Navy.